Using something every single day for just one function, even though it’s important for my well being and sanity, still keeps me up at night. In this post, I cover different survival uses for coffee filters. If you’re wondering what can you use coffee filters for, this is the answer to your prayers.
Ways To Use Coffee Filters
I’m a full-blooded, 100% pure coffee man.
I love it, I drink it every day. Since I make it every day, I started thinking of other functions and uses I could get out of any of the items I use to make coffee every day.
So let’s start with the list.
- Use a coffee filter to make a bath sachet
- Keep your specs spotlessly clean
- Store garden seeds
- Prevent your cast iron skillets from rusting
- Make a DIY portable food wrapper
- Make a DIY cold compress
- Make fire tinder
- Keep produce fresh in your cooler
- Flavor your sun tea
- Make a DIY air freshener
- Strain soup stock and broths
- Start a fire with it
- Use it as paper
- Make a funnel for cooking prep
- Sprout seeds for consuming
- Catch bits of cork in your wine
- Use it as a pet pooper scooper
- Sprout seeds from the garden
- Use in place of a rag or paper towel
- Make dryer sheets
- Keep small hardware items organized
- Make a disposable bowl
- Keep glass surfaces clean
- Make a bag for herbal tea
- Make a Bouquet Garni
- Use it to blow your nose
- Trap cooking grease
- Keep insects away from food
- Use it as emergency toilet paper
- Spot clean clothing
- Use as a filter for juices
- Make a funnel
- Make a DIY bandage
- Keep potting soil in the pot
- Make a makeshift dish for pet food
- Pre-filter collected water
- Last but not least. Feed your coffee-filled addiction like me.
If you want to see more a visual for some of the ways you can use a coffee filter. Watch this video.
Did you think there were so many ways and survival uses for coffee filters? When I first dug into the functions of them, I didn’t think there were that many. I’m never surprised by all the different uses everyday household objects can be used.
Do you use coffee filters for any reason that others don’t?
Up Next: 123 Survival Uses For A Bandana